Sunday, January 13, 2013

Valentine Card

This was completed using January's stamp of the Month, Ruby and Indian Corn Blue inks.  I used a sheet of ledger like paper from Close to my Heart's retired Typeset paper packet and stamped on it.  I love using this type of paper as it adds to the overall distressed look. (distressing being my favorite thing to do).  The small bit of ribbon came from Close to my Heart's Blue ribbon collection. A touch of glitz gel was added to the roses for a bit of sparkle.


 

6 comments:

  1. Very nice, Jamie. For a minute there, I thought you hadn't used Close to My Heart papers at all! Way to make it your own! I think I might have to copy that look, if you don't mind. Thanks for joining in at Color My Heart this week!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Jamie! Those roses are so beautiful and I love how you arranged them on the outside of the card and lightly stamped greetings on the inside of the card. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare this week. We look forward to the next beautiful card you create for our challenge!

    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful vintage look on this card. You managed to keep it soft, even with the bright challenge colors. LOVE all the distressing. Thanks for joining the crew at Color My Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this!! Way to take the Color My Heart challenge to a whole new level. I am so copying this into my CASE file. Thanks for the inspiration. We hope to see you back at CMH often!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vintage look you achieved with this card! The paper distressing and stamping are just right. Thanks for joining in the Color Dare this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, how stunning!! So vintage and oh so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart. Hope to see you back often.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete